søndag 29. januar 2012

An update...

on what I have been working on.

The quilting and binding is done. Used a clamshell pattern all over and handquilted it.

Pink Lemonade top is finished.

Now it is on to get it ready for quilting. I will also handquilt this one.

Happy quilting

søndag 15. januar 2012

It`s a hard life...

... for a applique needle!

being bent in all kinds of directions.  Making the dollies demands hard work both from me and my tools.

Looking good all dressed in red, and ready for the intricate dancing steps.

This is not what I had planed to do this weekend, but that`s the way it is sometimes :o)


mandag 9. januar 2012

Pink Lemonade

I am following a quilt-a-long organized by Lori at humblequilts.blogspot.com. This is a re-doing of a antique crib quilt that she has.
Got a pink reproduction that I liked, and used scraps for the blues, reds and browns.
Step 1 is now done.
This is really fun. Now I have to dive in to my boxes of stash and find a yellow fabric that fits.

This week is looking better already


søndag 8. januar 2012

Some of this weekend`s work

Have made the "12 days of christmas" mystery from Temeculaquilts.com.
Used fabrics from my stash and scrapbin.
Will get it ready for handquilting later tonight.


fredag 6. januar 2012

More from christmas 2011

I promised more photos of the quilts for the kids. I used wool batting in both quilts.
Here is some closeups

And some presents I made for other family members

These were for my sister and brothers.


onsdag 4. januar 2012

Best boy (young man) in the world

That is my 17 year old son.
He got me a giftvoucher at my local quiltshop for christmas.
And today I traided this for the voucher

How cute is this?

I love these japanese books. Find so much inspiration just by looking at the photos.
Got to make some of these one day soon, I think.


Handmade presents

I made a quilt each for my kids, did`nt have enough time to finish the binding, so that is being done now.

This one was for my daughter. I used the Le Moyne Star in lots of differnt pinks, greens, blues and purples.

This one my son got. I used lots of blues, browns, greys, blacks and some tans. The same star is used here. This was a BOM from lappemakeriet.no.

Both are made with english paperpiecing tecnique by hand. Stars, sashing, cornerstones and border are put together by maschine.

I had both profesionally longarm quilted in a pattern called Bishop`s fan.

Will show some more photos later. Time to get the bus to go to work now.


mandag 2. januar 2012


... block is finished. Used a different tecnique this time. A better choice!

Don`t know how many I will make of these, time will show!


søndag 1. januar 2012

The first...

... attempt on making a block for "Building Houses From Scrap" (BHFS)

Not to sure about the tecnique I used, got to try out different ones, I think.

Back for another one tomorrow.